What Are Best Work Boots for Farmers?
Farming is one of the primary sources of growing and rearing our food and mind you, it is not an easy task. Farming is a task hard enough without the soggy and wet boots which is why you need to choose one of the best work boots for farmers. There are times when farmers need to herd animals over long distances or even haul tractors out of the mud.
While handling pesticides and fertilizers and a whole array of tasks, farmers require some serious foot protection. Here’s where the farmer work boots come into play. It’s better if the farmers wear waterproof, corrosion and abrasion-resistant boots that are comfortable too.
The following picks from the Best Work Boots for Farmers, from the Work Boot Planet, make sure your feet will stay safe and dry no matter what the conditions are on your farm.
Benefits of Choosing the Best Boots for Farmers
Safety: If you’re a farmer then you should know that shoes not only keep your feet protected from the rocks and gravel underneath but they also keep them safe from any potential hazards. Some farmer boots are equipped with toe wraps and steel toes that help protect your toes from accidents in working conditions.
Prevent Foot Odour: Farmer boots are manufactured using top quality materials that restrict the build up of moisture that can lead to a bad odor.
Waterproof: These boots are waterproof, therefore, you will be able to work for hours on the field without any discomfort, You won’t have sweaty feet and neither will your feet feel heavy.
Comfort: These shoes are guaranteed to provide greater comfort and ease. There is extra cushioning inside and breathable air mesh to prevent any chafing or blisters.
Shock Absorption: The shoes are made to absorb any kind of shock that may potentially damage your feet. If any accident occurs, these shoes will absorb most of the damage leading to little or no injuries to your feet.
Slip-On: Constructed especially for working conditions, the best boots will provide you with a much better way to slip the shoes on and off. You will need to quickly put them on for work. After that when they are very dirty the easy slip off will help you remove them without getting your hands dirty.
Top 5 Best Work Boots for Farmers
Here are top 5 Work Boot Planet recommendations for the best work boots for Farmers.
||Muck Chore Classic Men’s Rubber Work Boots
||16 x 13.2 x 6 inches
||Sub-Freezing – 65F/ 18oC
||Synthetic with rubber sole
||CLC Custom Leathercraft Rain Wear R23011 Over The Sock Black PVC Men’s Rain Boot
||11.8 x 16 x 4.5 inches
||Muck Wetland Rubber Premium Men’s Field Boots
||17.8 x 5.8 x 15 inches
||20 °F to 50 °F
||Bogs Men’s Urban Farmer Low Waterproof Work Rain Boot
||15 x 10 x 5 inches
||Man Made Rubber
||ROCKROOSTER Work Boots for Men
||15 x 10 x 5 inches
||Rubber and Poron Material
Muck Chore Classic Men’s Rubber Work Boots
Muck Classic Rubber Boots are really one of a kind. They are fit for farming, car wash, gardening and all other activities that need you to step into water or mud. What makes them the right choice is the fact that they are waterproof and are made of rubber to provide protection and stability.
- Waterproof: One of the main reasons for wearing boots is to keep your feet nice and dry and these waterproof boots keep your feet dry when you are working in the mud and rain.
- Reinforced areas: A major problem faced while wearing shoes is the bruised toes and heels due to constant contact with the toes. Sometimes you can feel the ground underneath, and after the arduous work of the day, the heels often hurt a lot. To provide relief, these boots have reinforced areas around heels, Achilles and heel. The cushion helps you work more without your feet getting tired.
- Dimensions: The boot is quite comfortable and measures almost 1” from the heel and the shaft is 15.5” from the arch. The platform is 0.75” to provide good and stable footing along with comfort. The boot opening is 17” that is quite wide for broad feet to fit.
- Stability and Comfort: These boots leave no room for discomfort. Discomfort is one of the major concerns of farmers who spend their days in long arduous tasks. To offer them a very comfortable choice, these boots provide a stretch fit topline. It means that the boots will fit perfectly. Moreover, the breathable mesh lining allows to protect your feet from any damage and still allow your feet to breathe. The wide cut heel enforces stability over the already stable boots.
- The sole is made of rubber so no danger of slipping in the mud.
- You can kick rim on the counter to remove the boots without touching them.
- Synthetic, rubber boots.
- Breathable mesh lining.
- Wide-cut heel base for greater stability.
- Comfort Range from sub-freezing to 85 oF
- There might be an issue finding the right size for yourself.
These boots are ideal for farmers who want to spend longer hours on the field.
CLC Custom Leathercraft Rain Wear R23011 Over The Sock Black PVC Men’s Rain Boot
CLC Rain Boots are a complete package at an affordable price. They can be easily worn in the rain, construction, farming and gardening. However, these might be a bit on the heavier. So, this makes them great for rough tasks but too heavy for people who prefer lighter booths.
- Traction: For farming, basic requirement is comfortable movement. The Cleated sole in these boots gives farmers improved traction.
- Comfort: To help farmers work without getting tired too quickly, these boots promise comfort that is similar to that of sneakers! This is guaranteed by Eva foot form that cushions the foot keeping it safe from unnecessary pressures.
- Durability: polyvinyl chloride or PVC material of the boot makes it very strong so that it can survive the harsh working environment. Also, this increases the durability, which means you can use the same boots for a long time.
- Scalloped Design: Many boots cause irritation in the calf area due to the rim of the boot, while flexing. In order to relieve you of that CLC offers you scalloped design. The scalloped designs prevent any irritation caused by topline on calves.
- Waterproof: You can rely on these boots to keep your feet safe from water and mud.
- Scalloped design that removes topline irritation.
- PVC makes it quite durable.
- Eva Foot form increases comfort by cushioning the foot.
- Great Tread.
- Value for Money.
- Cleated toe allows better traction.
- Completely waterproof.
- Easy to Clean
- The boots are heavy duty and great for any rough jobs.
- The sizes can be a problem.
- Too heavy for gardening.
- The durability makes the boot less comfortable.
Muck Wetland Rubber Premium Men’s Field Boots
Muck Wetland Boots main selling point is the waterproof feature. These boots are not just waterproof but they provide an air mesh to keep toes dry and preventing humidity. The rubber material makes them strong and neoprene adds to flexibility. Overall, they are great boots for farming, gardening and landscaping.
- Comfort: The neoprene prevents any blisters or chafing and adjusts with your feet. Along with that, it offers amazing waterproofing, shock absorption and heat retention to keep the feet safe.
- Flexibility: The Boots have a 5mm neoprene that allows you to easily stretch in the boots and bend them as you like. The flexibility offers you to work in any working conditions.
- Adjustable Topline: The topline can be adjusted to wrap snugly around the calf in winters to keep the feet warm, or it can be rolled down midway in summers to avoid getting feet sweaty.
- Durability: The boot is completely waterproof due to the high-grade rubber that provides extra strength and durability.
- Protection: There is also a toe wrap up to prevent damaging toes from accidents. The calf-high rubber also protects ankles from sticks and stones.
- Eva Midsole: This lightweight sole provides extra cushioning as well as enhances performance while they are used in mud or snow. This also increases stability and allows to move quicker with firmer steps.
- Breathable Air Mesh lining: The air mesh lining provides the perfect solution to sweaty feet. It allows the air to travel and keep the humidity out.
- Comfort Range from -20°F to 50 °F
- Toe wrap and ankle protection.
- Eva midsole provides extra stability and greater performance.
- Can be easily folded and stored.
- UNISEX boots.
- Breathable air mesh provides prevents sweaty toes.
- It is difficult to get the right size for yourself.
- The topline may rub on the calves uncomfortably.
Bogs Men’s Urban Farmer Low Waterproof Work Rain Boot
Bogs Urban Farmer boots are ideal for farming. With their new EverDry and DuraFresh technology, farmers will smell no more, even after a day’s work. Not only that these boots are comfortable and have great traction.
- Waterproof: These boots offer 100% waterproof feet. This will help you keep your feet warm and dry even in slick working conditions.
- Lined with EverDry: These boots go an extra mile taking care of your feet as they are lined with EverDry and Bogs Max-Wick that keep your feet dry and sweat-free.
- Durable: The rubber used in the boots is hand-lasted. This means that the rubber is 100% manmade which increases its durability. Along with that, the four-way stretch inner bootie allows greater flexibility in moving your feet.
- EVA foot sole: The foot sole cushions your foot and allows you to work comfortably. This prevents chafing and blisters on the feet. Along with that, the footbed is now lined with DuraFresh. DuraFresh fights the foot odours and keeps your boots nice-smelling even after long hours of work.
- Underfoot Shovel Protection: In order to protect underfoot shovel, the boots have an internal wide steel shank.
- The boots are just till the ankles which means they do not hurt the calves.
- You can choose from olive or black coloured boots.
- 100% Man made Rubber.
- EverDry and DuraFresh keep feet clean and dry.
- Stable and great tread.
- Underfoot Shovel Protection.
- May slip on oily floors.
- A bit heavy.
ROCKROOSTER Work Boots for Men
The Rock Rooster Boots are a great pick for men of the modern age. It is equipped with latest technological nit bits that make it a desirable brand. The boots have temperature control, moisture control and static control making it a great choice for mechanics, field workers and firefighters.
- Water Resistant: The shoes are water-resistant, keeping your feet dry.
- Steel Toe Cap: The Steel Toe Cap makes the boot provide greater protection and makes it possible to work in rough areas and perform difficult tasks. Firefighters, welders, and farmers of course love these boots for the protection it offers. Its toecap fully complies with the American standards.
- Static Control: You can release any leftover static into the ground with these shoes. In easier words the shoes with earth any leftover charge due to sweaters, making them ideal for crucial, electricity-related tasks.
- Comfort: The shoes take care of any moisture in your feet. If they are sweaty shoes will remove the sweat and humidity keeping your feet dry. Also, the shoes can control the temperature as well.
- Poron Materials: Poron materials allow to provide consistency and reliability.
- Support: The sole provides great support and stability. The sole is also slip resistant as well as oil-resistant, hence, less falls.
- Footbed: The footbed provides greater cushioning to the feet to prevent it from chafing and blisters.
- Short Break in.
- Temperature and moisture control.
- Easy to get on and off.
- Very Comfortable.
- Static Control.
- Great Traction.
- Value for Money.
- Heavy and narrow for some people.
- Not that durable.
Best Farmer Boots Buying Guide
Farmer work boots need to be picked carefully because not every boot is the same. There are three things that remain constant among all though. They are durability, protection and comfort.
Each shoe has its own style and features and to help you choose the best boots, we have listed important factors that you must gander into.
The construction of the boots is an important factor in determining the durability and flexibility of the boots. Apart from that, it affects its weight as well.
Direct Attach is very lightweight and flexible construction. In this, the upper is permanently fused to the sole. This also makes the shoe water-resistant.
Cement Construction refers to the fact that outsole and midsole are attached together to the upper body. This gives a very lightweight and flexible boot.
Then, Goodyear welt construction which connects the upper and inner sole. This increases durability as it can be repaired easily.
Toe styles can be of two types: steel toe and composite toe. Steel toes protect toes from sudden compression but are now quickly being replaced by composite one as they are lighter, comfortable, heat and cold resistant and meet ASTM.
For farming, waterproof boots are a necessity. To find waterproof boots look for waterproof leather that is then lined with a waterproof membrane. Another great addition might be Thinsulate that will keep your feet warm in winters.
The material of outsole
The outsole can be of rubber, thermoplastic polyurethane and simple polyurethane.
Rubber provides great traction, offers slip-resistant features and is a great choice for rugged terrains.
Thermoplastic Polyurethane sole is tough as well as lightweight. It is chemical, oil and abrasion-resistant.
Polyurethane outsole is flexible, comfortable and lightweight. It is slip and oil resistant.
Leather is the ideal upper material due to its durability and flexibility. It is waterproof and provides a customized fit too. Synthetics are lighter than leather, durable and waterproof. They also feel more like sports shoes.
Types of Farming Boots
Framing Boots can be mainly categorized into 3 types:
- Rubber Boots
- Work Boots
Rubber boots are tall and made up of rubber. They are generally worn over the socks and are used for rough work. They are waterproof.
Work Boots are more sophisticated type. They are equipped with additional features like increased comfort, waterproofness and durability.
Sneakers are used as a last resort for farming. They are not the ideal option but farmers usually use them as a cheaper alternative.
Farming Boots Safety
It is very important to be careful while farming where frequent interaction with machinery may cause fatal accidents.
It is significant that farmers who use fertilizers and pesticides must be careful. They should take care of the usage and prevent great contact with them.
The machinery used at the farms must be up to date and well-maintained, otherwise it may cause severe injuries.
You must be careful around animals as they can be quite unpredictable and attack anytime.
As a farmer, be careful around water bodies. You must take great care while walking by a river, channel or lake. Apart from that take care while in confined spaces like silos, water tanks and manure pits. Confinement in these places may cause suffocation.
Also, watch out when you are in a heightened place like silos and ladders. Falling may cause a fatal injury.
Here is a summary of the Work Boot Planet Best Work Boots for Farmers:
- If you are looking for great boots that will make farming easier and fun for you then we suggest Muck Wetland Rubber Premium Men’s Field Boots that are comfortable and come with an adjustable topline. There is also a breathable air mesh that removes humidity and sweat.
- However, if you are looking for something more under budget, then CLC Custom Leathercraft Rain Wear R23011 Over The Sock Black PVC Men’s Rain Boot is a great option too. They provide many great features like scalloped design and great traction at a very affordable price.